Monday, March 16, 2015

A New Resolve - Pedaltrain Nano Mark 1 (AMT/Xotic/TC Mini Pedals)



How small can a pedalboard get? This was the challenge placed on my heart for a while, and I didn't have the chance to get down to actualize a fully functional pedalboard with my favorite tones at a fraction of the size. When I distilled my creative requirements for tone, I realized I essentially needed:

  • A wah pedal
  • A compressor
  • A boost
  • An overdrive
  • A volume pedal
  • A delay

Were there six such pedals in a miniaturized form factor? Yes! Hence, it was a matter of time (in acquiring the necessary funds) before I could put all of the essential components together to form the tiniest pedalboard I have ever assembled:



From right to left, the signal chain is as follows:
AMT Japanese Girl WH-1
Xotic SP Compressor
Xotic EP Booster
Xotic SL Drive
AMT Little Loud Mouth LLM-2
TC Electronic Flashback Mini Delay

And here's a short video on how I set up the overdrive section with the Xotic Trinity:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More