Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Youngest Student

Alexandria Tan, my niece and potential first drum student. She was quite captivated by the mechanics of the drum set (although I admit it's rather limited given that it's a DTXplorer, but it suffices), with the sound of the drums emanating from the sound system maintaining her attention for a good 10 minutes. It's good that the DTX has programmed songs that endlessly loop.

She observed how I played the kit, and tried to copy how striking the pad with a drum stick produces sound. No sense of rhythm, or a proper stick grip (actually, who am I to make such comments on technique? I'm not a drummer! LOL), but she had fun nonetheless. As you can tell from the picture, she can only play with the top pads but not the kick drum.

Dria dear, I don't mind you coming over and jamming with me; it reminds me of the universality of music, that it transcends age, and that it's not reserved to be enjoyed by an elite few. I hope to teach you the guitar someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More