Saturday, November 5, 2016

Brunch at Grub (November 2016)


So this place has undergone a face lift since Christine and I last dined here, with the bar area gone and the menu changed completely.


With the bar gone, some of the "home kitchen" vibe that Grub once had was lost. I suppose they had to change it up due to increasing patronage.



Call me a geek but I think the typography on the menu invites me to read it in full.


Dried flowers do make for a fuss-free, easy-to-maintain decoration on the table.






Christine had the har-cheong-kai (prawn paste chicken) burger, which was juicy, flavorful and had that prawny tinge encased in the crispy crust. This may be a minor thing for some, but we think the fries were absolutely spot-on. None of them were soggy, each had a decent level of crispiness, and they were not overbearingly big.

I had the breakfast stack, which had bacon and chicken cheese sausage, much to my non-kosher delight (that's what staying in a Jewish hostel can turn you into). The generous topping of balsamic vinegar brought out the freshness of the salad. My only gripe, as it is with most breakfast meals, is that the roasted tomatoes were still too wet. But then again, that's my personal preference.



To top off the meal, Christine got a serving of churros, which were nicely crisped. I could taste the Nutella sauce, but not so much the cream.

More info here:
http://grub.com.sg/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More