Thursday, December 29, 2016

How to Get Great Sounding Volume Swells (Electro-harmonix Freeze)

The Electro-harmonix (EHX) Freeze is one of those pedals that's really quirky. I didn't know how to use it in the context of my music, until I saw one on Jon Carolino's board and wondered how he could achieve epic-sounding volume swells.

Part of the secret, I believe, is to use the Freeze as an infinite sustainer so that the chord to be processed by the delay and reverb effects has much more volume than just a normal swell. I've recorded a video detailing how I've used the Freeze, including its placement above the volume pedal (in which case, you'll also need a small volume pedal, like the AMT Little Loud Mouth).


Check out the Amazon link above to get yourself a Freeze!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More