Monday, January 29, 2018

An Olympus E-PL1 in 2018?

I recently ran into a photographer whose work I respect at a party. I'd have expected him to bring his crazy rig along, but he arrived with a Sony P&S camera, citing weight and usability for his girlfriend as factors for avoiding bringing a Sony A7RII.


I have a beat-up Olympus E-PL1 that I primarily shoot with a Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5. Playing with P mode, I tried to see how low I can go with ISO. The following shots were progressively stepped down from 800 to 200, and finally to 100:




Not bad at ISO100! It definitely looks like daylight is the best time to use this lens and body combo. I have found that anything above ISO800 on the E-PL1 makes things too grainy.

One of the major reasons why I got the E-PL1 in the first place was to use its Art filters. This is the dioarama effect, and it's pretty cool with the wide angle possible with the 14mm!



Again, this was mostly possible with daylight. I suspect it will be a much different story in low light. Will try it out more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More