Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dinner at Saveur (Purvis Street)







These were taken with my new Canon EFS 10-18mm STM on my 600D. Apparently, ISO on a digital camera is not a "real thing", in that the brightness setting on a photo is post-processed. Taking a picture at ISO100 is apparently the same as taking it at ISO1000, just that at the higher ISO setting, the camera bumps up the brightness for you.

The limitation of shooting at a low ISO should be fairly obvious--your unprocessed images on the camera will be really dark, and you won't be able to tell very clearly if you botched the shot. But seeing as to how my lowly 600D has terrible ISO tolerance (anything higher than 800 and the grain is intolerable), I took a gamble. All these shots were taken at ISO800, 1/50s, and at f stops f/4.5 to 5.6, and on my camera, they were really dark.

All I did was raise the exposure of the photos in post, some with 0.5 stops of light, to 2 stops of light. Not too bad looking. But this still cannot beat my 5D Mark II.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More