Saturday, July 14, 2012

Platypus Test Kitchen


It is a rarity for me to find Christine for lunch on a weekday, so when the opportunity presented itself (in the form of an exit clearance medical examination I had to do at a clinic nearby), we decided to go with something slightly pricier than the norm: and hence our trip to the Platypus Test Kitchen at Crawford Centre, a place known for its hand-made pastas with specialty ingredients.

I had the truffle pasta with smoked bacon, which ranks at 70% shiok factor relative to the true truffle pasta I had at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in the UK! This goes beyond slightly more than a hint of truffle oil as offered by many other pasta places.


Milady went with one of her favorite pastas: crab meat pasta. You can see the chunks from the picture below, and it may not be as chunky as the squid ink crab meat pasta we had at Valentino (which converted me to considering crab as something I'd actually order at a restaurant), but it's sizeably sastisfying. I think I would have tasted the crab more if not for the overwhelming taste from the truffle pasta.


The meal upgrade is well worth the price, as it included a bowl of chunky mushroom soup and a drink. I went with lychee tea, which was a pleasant surprise: they used lychee essence and actual tea, not some Polka instant lychee tea.


All-in-all, it's definitely a place I'll visit again. I'll find some excuse to visit Christine for lunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More