Monday, October 24, 2016

Brunch at Spruce, Fire Station (Upper Bukit Timah)


A fire station-turned-restaurant/bar, this place is spacious and evokes a sense of quirkiness. 
Bottles galore! Of course, for a bar, this must be standard fare.

I can't really comment on their selection, but I'm told their offerings aren't overly expensive.

I really like the wooden textures of their decor.
Christine and I have been eyeing Spruce for a while now, and they didn't disappoint. Their staff are attentive and are quite willing to strike up a conversation with you--so if you're the type who want privacy on your dates, you might find them a little uncomfortable intrusive.

A simple menu where everything can be seen at a glance.

Their macchiato isn't that strong but for a pick-me-up in the morning, it performed its function well.

Christine had a 2-for-1 drinks special while I had the coffee.

On to the main event. As a tip, their sides may sound small, but they are really big. Our server advised against our order of a side each. Here's why:


The French toast is huge! So beware, you might end up not being able to finish your sides!

She had the eggs royale, which is poached eggs with smoked salmon on a muffin. Spruce includes a dash of caviar to add an extra dimension to the dish.



I went with their recommended "chicken benny", which is eggs benedict with a portion of grilled chicken served with waffles. Sounds weird but it works well!



Their portions are huge! I think I will order one main and one side to share with Christine should we come here again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More